Creative Web Developer
We see you. You’re a proactive problem-solver. Your attention to detail and pixel-perfect integration skills are notorious. Your Drupal skills, exceptional.
But you’ve also got creative ideas—and you’re here to share them. In fact, you consider yourself the perfect mix of design and development. And you want to work directly alongside other creatives to translate UI/UX designs into outstanding digital projects.
SURFACE 51 wants you—a creative, outgoing, motivated Drupal developer—to join our team!
What you bring:
- Experience—at least 5 years of building creative web projects for clients
- Strong object-oriented PHP, Drupal, and WordPress development skills
- Experience with Adobe XD, Photoshop, and Illustrator
- Experience with e-commerce platforms and payment gateways
- Keen awareness of common performance bottlenecks and cross-browser issues
- Good knowledge of modern front-end tools, and the ability to adjust to new ones quickly
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Enthusiasm, personality, teamwork, and a positive attitude—these count tremendously!
What you get:
- A full-time job with benefits
- A competitive salary commensurate with skills, experience—and your ability to make ideas work
- Paid vacations, holidays, and happy hours!
- A constant, steady stream of projects—you’ll flex your creative muscles and avoid the doldrums of everyday sameness
- A supportive, dynamic work setting. Plus, the opportunity to build creative, impactful projects with a close knit team
- Great location—we’re based in downtown Champaign, Illinois, a high-tech research hub that’s home to one of the world’s premier universities, startups, Fortune 500 firms, Big Ten sports, and thriving food and arts scene. Oh, not to mention great schools and a stress-free commute!
What to send us:
- A detailed resume
- Links to at least 3 examples of client projects that demonstrate your web development skills and creative problem-solving capabilities
Established in 2004, SURFACE 51 brings together decades of combined expertise in marketing, brand development, graphic design, web design and development, video production, environmental design, and much more. Simply put: we make cool stuff. With the drive to deliver, we produce quality products for all our clients’ needs—from the pretty to the pretty technical.
SURFACE 51 is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our work, and our community. We’re committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.